In July the Gorgon Project reached a Major Milestone. The Pioneer Materials Offloading Facility connected to the Barrow Island causeway, this doubled the project supply capacity from Perth to Barrow Island.
Many of the components for the LNG Facilities are being prefabricated and assembled at various locations around the world and then shipped to Barrow Island.
- Pipe Racks – China and Indonesia
- Electrical Sub-Stations and Transformers – Australia
- Gas Turbines – Italy
- LNG Loading Arms – Germany
- Heat Exchanges – Pennsylvania
- Heaters and Modular Housing Units – Thailand
- Pipe Coating – Malaysia
- Major Vessels – South Korea
- Sub-Sea Trees – Scotland
Chevron is poised to increase production 20% by 2017 and Gorgon is the centre piece of the growth story. As the project ramps up to full capacity it’s production will plateau at a capacity of 450,000 barrels (equivalent) a day.
For more about Gorgon, visit chevronaustralia.com/ourbusinesses/gorgon
See the latest developments at our Gorgon Natural Gas Project offshore Western Australia.